Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Hello again...

Wow, does life ever get busy. Between balancing a job that requires travel and coordinating Grace's school life and social life coupled with our own family activities, things get busy. I've been absent from the blog lately, but that only means there is lots to catch up with and to share.

This week I'm headed out on a bus to Chicago and Milwaukee with our Mount Rushmore mascots. As I type we are somewhere in the middle of Iowa. We left Pierre this morning on a VERY windy day with a suburban fill of all of our mascot paraphernalia. We met the bus in Sioux Falls and drove down to Vermillion to pick up our actors from the University of South Dakota. We'll be in Chicago sometime around midnight or 1:00 a.m. A long day! We have plans to be on some morning shows and afternoon shows in Chicago on Thursday, take them to the iconic sites in the city, and then depart to Milwaukee on Friday for the weekend. We are sponsoring the Cubs and Brewers series at Miller Park, so we'll be out at about around the stadium with our portable Mount Rushmore.

Luckily, I was able to stop in Coralville, Iowa and got to see my friend Hayley and her brand new baby boy
Lincoln. It worked out well that it was a stop around supper time and she lives so close. In fact, I’m really lucky because she is moving in just a few days to Michigan, it would have been MONTHS before I got to see her and meet the new bundle. Here he is, isn’t he just a sweetheart?


Throughout March we stayed busy with Grace's basketball practice schedule, visiting Cody's family in Spearfish, and trying to persuade spring to make an appearance in South Dakota. We had several nice days followed by a huge blizzard that hit Pierre. I was lucky to make it home to get Grace from school with nearly zero visibility in town. We miss Grandma Irma every day and talk about her often and say prayers with her daily.


I hope to fill up the blog with several posts over the next few days as I travel to and from locations. Stick with me and hopefully we'll get all updated.

I hope that you all had a nice Easter and were able to spend it with family and friends. We were able to do both, and it was wonderful. More later, for now, we'll be pulling into Chicago soon, and my alarm will be going off at 4:30 a.m. for our morning show segment. 3 hours of sleep does a girl good while in Chicago....right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think or give us a quick hello!