Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Gingerbread Houses

This week I was invited into Grace's classroom to make gingerbread houses! The teacher warned me that I would perhaps be helping several other students as well. Initially, I didn't think helping a handful of 6-7 year olds manage slathering frosting all of a cracker house and covering it with treats sounded all too appealing! :) (Just kidding of course!). And we had a great time together! 

The pictures tell this story!



Lots of little hands dipping into the frosting bowl. Does it look like they are using the frosting sticks they were given? Of course not!



I'm not sure if her tongue is out because she's concentrating, or if she's licking frosting off her lips.




So happy that I was able to make it to this event and spend time with Grace crafting this house! Her teacher is pregnant and due any day now, so we're hopeful that all goes smooth for Mrs. Allen and we'll surely miss her for a few months after Christmas break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think or give us a quick hello!