Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Remi's Dog bed

When we built Remi's dog bed, I had an idea in my mind of what I wanted it to look like, so we just drafted up something on a piece of paper and got to work. I wanted it to look a bit rustic, and certainly not perfect, so I first distressed the wood with some chains, screws, and a hammer. Grace had fun helping me with this part....

Then on to the construction...certainly not perfect! But we got the job done...



And then staining. I like how the dents and grooves in the wood that we created really pulled the stain well and made some dark spots on the wood.





Just used some pre-stain wood conditioner on it and then polyshades stain. It was a nice product to use since I didn't have to go back over it all with poly.

She loves! her new bed! 

A late post playing catch up on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think or give us a quick hello!