Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Marthaler Visit - Final Part

Like I said, we didn't get any decent pictures of just Jen and I. This is as good as it gets, at the same time, it's totally us. Too busy for a photo, always a babe hanging on our side, no perfect hair, no perfect make-up. Just Mommas.




She's the best friend that I call on for everything - she's the one who I know will get where I'm coming from. And amazingly, she doesn't have all the answers, but she gets me. And she knows how to make me laugh when I want to cry, and she let's me cry when I need to cry. She talks me down when I'm mad, and riles me up when I need a sidekick. Love that about her.

I love that she just gets it. She gets what being a Mom is like. She gets what being a working Mom is like. She understands balancing your own life, your family life, your relationship with your hubby with all of the other things we have going on.

Every week we comment on how nice it would be if we were closer. We could pop into a coffee shop together, swing by a junk/antique store and scope stuff out, buzz into Target and fill our carts together while our children tag along, take her kids when she's in a bind, come over to critique the latest home DIY project, just those little everyday things.

When we got to the airport I got our bags checked while she hung with the girls. I was already getting emotional at the ticket counter. I turned the corner and saw her with my girls.Instant tears in my eyes. Gave her a good, long squeeze goodbye and couldn't hold back any tears. I had tears in my eyes all through security and all the way to our gate. It was such a good visit. But I knew that the next would be longer than I want it to be. Grace asked me why I was crying, I told her I didn't like saying goodbye to my best friend. She responded with "Mom, maybe you should have friends that don't live so far away!"

True Grace. But while I have great, amazing, one-of-a-kind friends in Pierre, Marshall, Texas, Iowa, North Dakota, and other places, no one will be my Jen. I wish I could replace her, or transplant her here in Pierre, but that's not going to happen. So, we'll work with what we've got, and continue to long for our next visit, and "hate" each other in the meantime.

Jen put together a blog post about our visit, and even a gorgeous photobook. Cody was not home the night I read it, and I got emotional all over again. Shes' good at that sorta thing. Thanks Jen for being you, for your sweet family, and for having us for a long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think or give us a quick hello!