Saturday, December 22, 2012

Kids Say the Darnedest Things

Grace was sitting on the sofa with Annie, and I heard this obnoxious noise.
Me: "Grace was that Annie?"
Grace: "No, it was my bottom! My toot sounded like a dolphin!"

I was singing like a crazy lady in the car, look back and I get the most disgusted annoyed look from Grace with a "Wow Mom." And that's all she had to say about it.

Grace: "Mom, I don't want to get married."
Me: "Why not?"
Grace: "Because I don't want to have any kids. They are a lot of work. Annie and I are a lot of work aren't we mom."

I was giving Annie a dose from the nebulizer, which is a vapor form for a medication. Grace came STOMPING in and said:
Grace: "Mom, WHY ARE YOU SMOKING ANNIE!"
Then ran out and said to my Mom, Dad and Cody:
Grace: "Mom is blowing smoke on Annie!"

Perfect, great, I'm sure if she said that her to kindergarten teacher she'd be impressed! Closet smoker Mom blowing it on her infant! Similar to this one which happened a few years ago...

We were eating at the Cattlemen's and Grace and Grandma Michele would always "race" to see who could get done faster, basically to encourage Grace to stop dinking around and concentrate on her food. Grace won, and the waitress came by:

Grace: "My Grandma beat me!"

Awesome, the waitress now thinks your Grandma is a child abuser.

Getting a couple syllables mixed around:
Grace: "Nice pocking star Dad!"
(supposed to be, nice parking spot!)

And of course, a look at what it's like to drive with two little drama queens to Grandma's house for Christmas. We ended up having to make a blanket fort to keep all complaints about the sun at bay. Always something.






No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think or give us a quick hello!