Thursday, September 13, 2012

We're Thinking of You

My heart aches this week for my girlfriend Jen. She lost someone very special to her, her grandfather, her father figure, a man that was very dear to her. They had to travel long distance with her two kiddos to attend his funeral, and by the way it sounds, she should be so very proud of the way her children handled the emotional situation. She's a great mother, friend, wife, granddaughter, daughter, nurse, and so much more.

I found this poem online that I thought she might enjoy to read and wanted to share:


If Tears Could Build A Stairway
If tears could build a stairway
and thoughts a memory lane
I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again
No Farewell words were spoken
No time to say good-bye
You were gone before I knew it
And only God knows why.
My heart's still active in sadness
And secret tears still flow
What it meant to lose you
No one can ever know.
But now I know you want us
To mourn for you no more
To remember all the happy times
Life still has much in store.
Since you'll never be forgotten
I pledge to you today
A hallowed place within my heart
Is where you'll always stay.
God knows why, with chilling touch,
Death gathers those we love so much,
And what now seems so strange and dim,
Will all be clear, when we meet Him.
I Knew you for a Moment

I wish that we lived a little closer to her so that we could have been there for her and her family during their time of grief. I wish I could have brought her coffee this morning and sat outside and just talked with her. I wish I could have scooped up their kiddos for her so she could grieve at the funeral without worrying about what her kiddos were thinking. However, I can send lots or prayers and well wishes - and that's what we've been doing this week. Jen, thanks for being an awesome friend who is always there for me, even from miles and miles away. WE LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

  1. I am so very lucky to have such a wonderful friend Katy. You are truly a blessing. Thank you for these words, the beautiful poem, the texts and the beautiful flowers. I love and appreciate it all. Love you sweets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so very welcome. We love you lots and will continue to have you in our thoughts.

      Delete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think or give us a quick hello!