Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tenting

I'll start this off by saying I'm not much of a camper, and never have been. I don't like waking up feeling moist. However, Grace has been wanting to do some camping or tenting. When we went to Minnesota to visit my parents a few weekends ago, the opportunity arose and it worked out perfectly for me, because since I'm pregnant and uncomfortable anyway, there was no way I was sleeping in the tent over night. (I think in my last post I pulled the pregnancy card excuse also, might be a theme appearing!)

Cue - Daddy and Poppa.

Grace had her tent mates all lined up. I have to admit (sorry when you read this Dad) that I was a bit worried about poor Cody being kept awake from my Dad's snoring...between that noise and the call of random animals at their place in the night, I didn't think Cody was going to get much sleep. And he didn't.

He heard coyotes (Grace and my Dad didn't), he heard thunder (Grace and my Dad didn't) and he even held up a blanket during the rainstorm (the rain canopy for the tent was ripped and didn't get put up that night) above Grace's head so she wouldn't get soaked. Apparently he had woken Grace up to get in the house because of the rain but she didn't want to - she loves her sleep too much, so instead he resorted to covering her head with a blanket. What a rock-star dad, huh? He said between all of that, the air mattress deflating and him laying ot he ground with a sweaty child draped over him it all combined into something not so great. Eventually, my Dad woke up from the rain and told Grace they were ALL going into the house. That was around 4:00 a.m. Needless to say Cody didn't get much sleep.

I don't have many pictures of the experience, but here is Grace getting the tent all put up and into place. The next day, the tent came down and a sprinkler went up in it's place. A good use of space, and a great excuse for no camping the next night.

Daddy and Grace with green lighting in the tent! Fancy!

I think she liked tenting, and she of course has lots of stories to tell about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think or give us a quick hello!