Friday, June 8, 2012

Dance Recital - Part 1


This is likely the first of a few posts that I'll have on dance recital. Grace went all year not really so sure about dance. She liked it, but she didn't love it. Until it came to recital time, I don't think she realized what a princess she was about to become. 

My mother never had me in dance, could have been partially my choice, or likely my Dad's, because I'm sure one of Grace's recitals was enough for him for a lifetime. Perhaps my mother new I really wasn't that coordinated, or that much of a princess. Luckily, my friend Tasha came to the rescue. She lived for dance in high school. She knew all the tricks for hair and make-up.

Here's getting ready.

What a diva, doesn't miss a beat, checking it all out in the mirror.

And the up-do from the back. Tasha helped me on Friday evening, but I was on my own for Saturday afternoon and evening. Grace gave me WAY more grief than she gave Tasha. Why are they always so much more sassy with their mother?

Dolled up, make-up on and ready to go! Other than the slippers of course. Hey, a princess has to live a life of "cush" before the big show.

Hello beautiful! I didn't hardly recognize her when she was all done up and hair pulled back. What a pretty face!



Not a great photo, they were moving too fast down the stairs, but these were her tap shorts. So stinkin' cute on.

A portion of her classmates! Cuties!







"Showtime!" Tap routine. Geez, Grace is tall and has quite the reach in this photo!



And for the finale photo for this post. She had a brief meltdown (she missed like 15 hours of sleep over the weekend) after the afternoon performance. I also helped backstage during this performance. Everything about Grace's face is exactly how I felt and how I wish I could look. Just let it all loose! Luckily we were able to have some time to clean her up and reapply her makeup before the evening performance.

Many thanks to all the friends and family who were able to make it to Grace's performance. My parents, Cody's mom and sister, and Cody's grandparents were all able to attend. Countless friends were able to see her perform, and it just lit up her little life to know that so many people she loved were in the audience!

Thanks for all the gifts of flowers, balloons, bubble bath, treats, candy bouquets, frames, toys and fun items that were left on her gift table or brought to the house! She seriously felt like a princess! We didn't know what to expect for her first year, but she absolutely had the time of her life.

I'll have more photos to post I'm sure as my mother in law was able to get some photos of her also. Can't wait to see them. I also took some video that I'll try to get up here so that you can see her in action!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! What an absolute Diva!! Myah and I are drooling over these pictures. Myah said "She doesn't even look like the same Grace I know!" LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all of the photos! I'm sure it was exhausting, but worth it! Love you girls!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think or give us a quick hello!