Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cookies with Wiggle Grandma


I don't know if I've ever explained officially on the blog before how lucky Grace is to have so many people in her life that love her. We have family, friends and neighbors galore that are all very involved in her life. So blessed! Grace has been lucky enough to know and still have 5 great-grandparents around and all four of her grandparents. However, this sometimes can be confusing for her, having so many grandma's and grandpa's to distinguish between.

I knew right away that I wanted our parents to be called different things than both "Grandma and Grandpa" since we spend so much time with each of them. My parents are known as Nana and Poppa, and Cody's parents are Grandma and Grandpa, since that is already what our nephew Connor called them.

Of course, that wasn't creative enough for little miss Grace. She began calling Grandma Michele, "Wiggle" Grandma after a heated discussion one day on who was coming to visit. She also was calling Great Grandma Marcella, Cody's Grandma, Grandma as well. I was trying to convince her that Grandma was coming, not Great Grandma. She wasn't understanding and I said, "regular Grandma is coming, not Great Grandma." She interpreted that as "Wiggle Grandma," and it's stuck. So she is known as either "Grandma Michele" or "Wiggle Grandma." Grandpa Kevin used to always be "Crap-pa" as she wasn't quite able to say "Grandpa." Wiggle Grandma especially liked this term! She even thinks that Grandpa is famous enough to be featured on all the monetary pieces we use - must have a resemblance to George Washington!!!

Anyway, here is some photos of Grace and Wiggle Grandma baking cookies. I didn't get the finished product as I was running around the house packing for my trip to New York City. THANK YOU THANK YOU to Wiggle Grandma who came for this weekend to help watch Grace while Cody was deer hunting and I was off to NYC.


I was lucky enough to taste them, and YUM-O! Anything that comes out of Wiggle Grandma's kitchen is good. I hope she writes down all of her recipes for us girls someday as she's a baker and cooker that adds a little of this, and a little of that to taste. HINT HINT!

I wish I would have got more pictures...more hint hints to Wiggle Grandma who doesn't like me to get her in the photos! :)

We love you SO Wiggle Grandma!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think or give us a quick hello!