Thursday, December 8, 2011

Proud

I have to say, that in the last few weeks, my sassy little girl has also made this Momma quite proud.

In the whirlwind of the holidays, she seems to remember others. We've been talking quite a bit lately about why  people "ring bells" outside of places like Hy-Vee and Wal-Mart...I've explained to her that not everyone in this big world of ours is as fortunate as our family and the many of the families that are our friends. Not everyone gets to live the life we are used to. So, the other night, I found my sweet (and sassy) little thing downstairs in her playroom scrounging around for quarters and packing away some of the toys she thought she could give to a family in need. Makes me proud.

Grace and I traveled to Minnesota last week to help take care of my BFF's little ones while they took care of some business. Their daughter, was sad when her parents left. I wasn't able to settle her down right away, but Grace went over to Myah and found a way to make her heart happy. In no time, Myah was back to her sweet and playful self. Makes me proud that G was able to make someones heart happy.

I was proud of our little Miss Sassy thing the other night when I asked her to recite some of the songs they were working on in preschool and Sunday school. Her little mind is so bright and sharp, she was spilling out all of the songs in no time, I cannot get enough of hearing her voice singing. She then was able to recite the pledge of allegiance. I know my Grandpa John up in heaven was smiling down at her then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think or give us a quick hello!