Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time

I was going to post this earlier, but didn't get around to it. I still didn't ace the Christmas decorating test according to my daughter, she thinks the whole outside of the house should be decked out in lights and blow-up figures - not happening! :)

Here are a few of our decorations around the house. Didn't get around to posting all of them, but since I'm going to try to get them down this week, thought I better post before then.

A little star above the kitchen window. After this photo, we waved goodbye to the sunflowers and replaced with some evergreen sprigs.

This collection of branches and berries is the holder of 25 "advent ornaments" that sit on the table throughout the holiday season. Each day in advent, Grace picks one ornament to take from the branches and hangs it on the garland adorning the railing. 

Here we are, a little more than halfway through advent.



Christmas tree at night - continuing with the classic Christmas colors

Above the cabinet

Card wreath


Wrapping theme this year. Used yarn, ribbon and raffia to wrap packages and cut out initials for the tag


Advent house - each night, if Grace is good, Santa leaves a treat or note in these doors...She races out each morning to see if she was left a treat. 


I didn't get around to taking a photo of Grace's tree, maybe I'll snap one before I take it down this week. We have several other Christmasy things around the house - especially in the downstairs living room. I'm always excited to get them up, I don't like getting them down....not just for lazy reasons, but I think Grace really enjoys the holiday decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think or give us a quick hello!