Saturday, November 19, 2011

Off to the Big Apple

We woke up this morning to at least 4 inches of snow on the ground, and snowed throughout the morning, we probably have 6 or so inches by now. Of course, we get our first beautifully wet snowfall on the day that I'm supposed to be flying out to New York City for a few days!

I was going to drive to Rapid City to catch our flight, but instead got the flight changed so that I can fly out of Pierre so there wouldn't be any winter weather driving involved. Thank goodness! We'll still get to NYC by our scheduled time.

I'm headed out there for the Presidents of Mount Rushmore's big 70th anniversary celebration! We're bringing mascots to do some street team efforts out there in conjunction with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, which we have a float in this year. Exciting stuff! I cannot wait to hit the streets and talk to people of all kinds about vacationing in South Dakota!

I'll leave you with this picture, and expect some updates from me while I'm gone. Hopefully I'll get around to it with all of the other social media conversing that I'll be doing.

This was obviously not taken today, as you can see green grass - today we just see white! This was taken last week sometime...however, we did already break in the snowboats, mittens, hat, snowpants, and winter coat for a little winter fun this morning... !!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think or give us a quick hello!