Monday, August 29, 2011

Summer Veggie Lovin'

One of the best things about the month of August, as I mentioned before, is the produce. We've enjoyed many BLT sandwiches, corn on the cob, green beans, fresh cherry tomatoes, cherries, summer squash, and now, one of my August favorites - Zucchini Casserole.

All the details about making it are on my "Recipes" tab, close to the top. It was a recipe that Cody's Grandma introduced me to - and we cannot get enough. Silly me, I forgot to take pictures after it was done, I was too busy chowing down.

It's funny how easy it is to be healthy in August with all of the few veggies. But of course, most of the time it's ruined by making lime-butter to saturate the corn on the cob, spreading mayo on the toast of BLT's, and of course, topping all of these great veggies with cheese and bacon for zucchini casserole! Why not?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think or give us a quick hello!