Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Amazing!

Recently, I had an opportunity to explore southeast South Dakota! Fabulous, there were so many places that I hadn't explore in quite some time, or at all! Here's a quick glimpse at my favorites...

The "Nemo's" at the Sertoma Butterfly house...By the way, I need educate Grace that clown fish really aren't called "nemos." Wish me luck.

Ahhh, I love the warmth and happiness of the Butterfly House. Jen, you need to take Miss Myah! She'd love it!



Falls Park in Sioux Falls. The revamped Overlook Cafe is FABULOUS! Highly suggest!

Palisades State Park

And this gal looked EXACTLY like she could be Grandma Fran's sister? No? I even took a picture on my phone and texted it to my mother to make sure one of Grandma's long lost sibings didn't live in South Dakota.

Prairie Village in Madison is great! They have an old chapel car! Each fall they also have a pumpkin train ride. You ride the train out around the village to the pumpkin patch, pick a punkin and hop back on! Last year they had an amazing turnout and ended up needing to go by nearly every pumpkin in the tri-county last minute! We're going!

And the National Music Museum...AMAZING! I have written about this place dozens of times, but actually going and listening to an expert guide us through the museum was fantastic.

 I loved tons of other places along the way including a small town museum in Freeman, Heritage Hall. Along with wineries like Strawbale Winery and Valiant Vineyards. Perfect trip with a great group of ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think or give us a quick hello!