Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Downstairs Bathroom - Before

It's been awhile since I posted. I have lots of things to share too. But we'll start with the downstairs bathroom. I guess I forgot to show some progress on this room. It's not completely finished, but it's getting there. Basically, we still need trim and I'm considering re-re-painting. As during this project we repainted once, but I'm not sure it's the right color - it's been tough convincing Cody we need to re-re-paint.

Here are some before...Eek! Yucky vanity, VINYL BLACK FLOORS that go up the side to serve as trim (crazy!), "classy" light fixtures, and a shower that has crumbling tile. FUN!





So we ripped up the black vinyl, re-painted, put in a new vanity, light fixtures, faucet and toilet, installed new tile flooring, fixed the crumbling tile in shower...I actually had to take out a piece of wood that was in the entry way to the shower and create a block of cement, then re-do the ceramic tile, my uncle and dad helped me with fixing the leaking shower head, we siliconed the shower to make sure that the cracks weren't leaking, and I spray painted the existing mirror a different color. Before I show you the so-far-after, here is the mirror spray paint process:



Fancy job on covering up the mirror, huh? A little painters tape and notebook paper! Stay tuned for the next post at what the "for now" after look like, since we STILL need to add trim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think or give us a quick hello!