Thursday, November 18, 2010

Project Update

Remember that post back here where I gave you a sneak peak at a project I was working on? Well, here it is completed. And like I mentioned back when I was working on it, it isn't worth bragging about. It isn't done perfectly, but as you can see, it does the job. It holds all my pretties! I have a place to hang my earrings, necklaces, some bracelets, and other do-dads like that fabulous blue-ish pin/clip that is hanging there. That's from one of my besties, Jen, for my birthday! I looooveeee it! (Thanks Jen!)

The colors look a little off, and we still need to paint our bedroom. I'm not 100% convinced this is the final home for this project or that it even needs to exsist. But it's here to stay for now!







If you're wondering...basically what I did was found some picture frames in the right size that I wanted...and covered them with fabric that I liked. I used a staple gun to attach the fabric to some peg board that I had cut to the size of the frame. This is where I ran into the issue. The pegboard was thicker than what the picture frame would hold...so it's a little delicate. Then I used some fun upholstery pins to nail into the pegboard to hang the pretties from.
Works for me! Unfortunately, not all of my jewelry is out still - some is still stashed away who knows where in the closet. Oh well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think or give us a quick hello!