Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy Halloween...

Quickly approaching, huh?

I have a bad taste in my mouth for Halloween...(Mom you might not want to read this post).

I'm convinced of two things from my childhood:
A. I only had a handful of birthday parties in my life
B. Halloween is lame, because I only ever got to be a bunny.

Now, of course, my mother tries to beef up these memories a little bit with supporting pictures..."multiple" birthday parties (I still think there were only about 4) and tons of pictures from me on Halloween. In reality, I think I was a bunny about 9 times, a cat once, and maybe there was a witch in there too.

Regardless, really, we teach our children to go to strangers houses and beg for candy? Weird, and totally backwards.

So, Grace was a tiger her first Halloween...a horse her second...and last year was a lady bug. This year, am I tempted to pull out a fluffy skirt and wings that she got from her auntie and call being a fairy good enough? Yes. Will I? Probably...we'll see.

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to share with you a slideshow that was put together by the South Dakota State Historical Society (under the same big government umbrella that tourism is). It consists of vintage Halloween postcards. I HEART THIS SLIDESHOW...love any vintage/nostalgic postcards.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/southdakotahistory/sets/72157624983197915/show/.

Makes me think of a couple people and one place:
1. Auntie Linda
2. My mom
3. Jen Marthaler
4. Lilibet's
Which all equal LOVE!

Check them out and tell me what you think of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think or give us a quick hello!